G3 is a concert tour organized by guitarist Joe Satriani featuring him alongside two other guitarists. Since its inception in 1995, G3 has featured many guitarists, including Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Yngwie Malmsteen, John Petrucci, Robert Fripp, Paul Gilbert, Steve Morse, Steve Lukather, Uli Jon Roth, Michael Schenker, Adrian Legg, and many other special guests. Live in Tokyo is recorded during the 2005 G3 tour, featuring Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and (Dream Theater's) John Petrucci. The electrifying live performances were recorded on May 8th at the Tokyo Forum, when Satriani brought his popular G3 tour to Japan for a series of sold-out dates. Fans attending the packed-house shows were treated to individual sets by each six-stringer, followed by an evening-ending all-star jam session.
Available as a 15th-anniversary edition of 1000 individually numbered copies on translucent green vinyl. The package includes a 4-page booklet. The 3 records are housed in a deluxe 3-fold jacket with gloss varnish finishing.
- 180 gram audiophile vinyl
- Deluxe 3-fold gatefold sleeve with gloss varnish
- Hype sticker
- Includes 4-page booklet
- 3 legendary guitarists in concert: Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and John Petrucci
- 3-LP set featuring: “War”, “Foxey Lady”, “Glasgow Kiss”, “Smoke On The Water” and more
- 15th-anniversary edition of 1000 individually numbered copies on translucent green vinyl