50th anniversary 3CD/Blu-ray edition of King Crimson’s seminal debut
presented in 2 x gatefold sleeve containing the individual CDs plus
booklet with sleeve-notes by Sid Smith (packed in a rigid slipcase).
CD1 - 2019 Steven Wilson stereo mix (approved by Robert Fripp) alonside
2019 instrumental mixes (with Moonchild edited to song length)
CD2 - An expanded edition of the alternate album from the Blu-Ray
CD3 - The original master edition of the 1969 mix plus additional tracks
* 2019, 5.1 and stereo mixes by Steven Wilson in 24/96 resolution (for the first time)
* Original master edition of the 1969 album mix in 24/96 stereo.
* A complete alternate album comprising 2019 mixes by Steven Wilson
including a much extended duo version of I Talk to The Wind, a June 19th
version of ‘The Court of the Crimson King’ from the band’s final day at
Morgan studios in June 1969, an isolated voice dominant version of
‘Epitaph’ & a version of ‘21st Century Schizoid Man’ which combines
the Morgan studios instrumental with Greg Lake vocals from Wessex
studios and August 2019 overdubs by Mel Collins & Jakko Jakszyk –
the latter two mixed by David Singleton.
* A further album’s worth of additional material drawn from studio takes
- much of it mixed by Steven Wilson & including extracts from the
‘wind session’ that produced the intro to 21CSM in stereo for the first
time, the single a/b sides of the album title track drawn, for the first
time since on disc, from the original master tapes & more are also
* The Blu-Ray is completed by a set of 2019 instrumental mixes and the
surviving fragment of black & white footage from Hyde Park in 1969
All material on this set will also feature on the forthcoming Complete
1969 Sessions (the eighth boxed set in the series documenting King
Crimson’s studio and live recordings from 1969 onwards).