When Slowdive disbanded in 1995 music fans widely associated it with the demise of the shoegaze genre. Their last sign of life was Pygmalion (before they reunited in 2014) and it was, after Just For A Day and Souvlaki a totally different and more abstract album. Where the band attempted to put more song structures in place on Souvlaki, they began to incorporate more elements of ambient electronica on Pygmalion. Tracks like "Blue Skied An' Clear" and "Crazy For You" demonstrate that the songs are still there, somewhere -- they're just buried under more abstract sounds than before.
Available as a 25th-anniversary edition of 3000 individually numbered copies on clear & green marbled vinyl. The package includes an insert.
- 180 gram audiophile vinyl
- Jacket with special alubrush finish
- # 12 - Pitchfork's 50 Best Shoegaze Albums of All Time
- “A stylistic masterpiece” (AllMusic) / “Pygmalion remains Halstead and Goswell's masterpiece" (BBC Music)
- 1995 album, including "Rutti", "Crazy for You" and "Blue Skied an' Clear"
- 25TH anniversary edition of 3000 individually numbered copies on clear & green marbled vinyl